Friday, June 22, 2012

Watashi wa Anime ga daisukidesu/In Front of the Silver Screen-Castle in the Sky

        Alright,it's time I admitted it, at the time of me typing this out I have seen 7 Miyazaki movies. Seriously. It's a huge shame for me, because I love the man and his films. I am working on changing this, and finished watching Castle in the Sky about a week ago. The film is, expectantly, gorgeous, but what really impressed me was how funny it is. I laughed pretty hard several times. The story (Bronydom has robbed me of the p-word now.) worked pretty well, and the characters were ranged from decent to awesome. Special mention goes to the Sky Pirate leader and the Big Bag played by none other that Mark Hamill. Mmm, I love that ham. Overall, it is super-duper-above average when it comes to animated movies, or movies in general. As a Miyazaki film I liked it more than Howl and Kiki, but less than all the other Miyazaki films I've seen. You'll see more of the great creator soon enough. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment