Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cracking a Goddamned Book-House of Leaves

Cracking a Goddamned Book
           After hearing in the name House of Leaves mentioned so much, both on TVTropes.org and on various Slenderstuff, that I decided to try it out. And holy shit.

          Now, usually, when I try to tell someone about this, I describe the plot in an exact fashion. That fashion is called, "Copying TVTropes", so I'll save you all some time and let you just click this. I'll wait while you read. ... Okay done? ... You didn't even click it did you? TLDR my ass you lazy bitches. Whatever. What I will say is that this book is madness and paranoia incarnate, and easily the most unsettling thing I've ever read, and before you ask yes, I have read Lovecraft. The ever changing structure of the novel helps set the mood perfectly, and the truly insane aspects of the house was easily my favorite part of the book. If you're in the mood for having a good "What the fuck?" book, grab House of Leaves.

This is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment