Tuesday, June 26, 2012

That Guy With The Glasses Week(s) - Jesuotaku

              Let me start it off with this: she is one of my favorite reviewers on the site, despite several major disagreements we have. Why? She's very funny, covers a subject near and dear to my heart, and most importantly, she does it very intelligently. The way she talks about something really allows you to see that she is very objective in her reviews, giving good scores to things she doesn't like, and giving bad scores to anime she does. She makes me wish I could write that way, where I could make my points that clear that fast. She also is doing a huge retrospective on one of my favorite childhood franchises, Digimon, and a radio drama based on Fruits Basket, which I love.

            On the flip side, we disagree on several anime more than a little. She loves Wolf's Rain, I...well, I don't hate it. I tried watching it years ago, and quit eight episodes in. I plan on giving it another shot. But here's a big sticking point: She doesn't like Haruhi! She gave it 2 1/2 stars out of 4! Sure, it's not a bad review, but I love it! And the worst part is that objectively all her criticisms are correct, and something I will admit are a decent reason not to like the series. That's why, ultimitely, she's one of my favortie reviewers on the site, by a long shot.

            Favorite episode: Eiken

No comments:

Post a Comment