Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 12th 2011 Update

I'm doing this midday because I doubt I'll do anything else of import for the rest of the day. Went to Lakeport, got my braces re-tightened, hung out. However, I just finished watching episode 8 of Angel Beats!, the newest to come out dubbed. So far I was just liking the show. The animations great, it's pretty funny, and I like a couple of the characters. BUT HOLY SHIT. The action this episode was incredible, the premise exciting, and I didn't stop worrying for the well being of a character the entire time. It's been a while since I've seen an anime that's kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. I now completely recommend it to all anime fans, and if you heard it was a Haruhi ripoff, you heard wrong. The female protagonist is somewhat similar in appearance, and at first in personality and goals as well. But as the series goes on you begin to realize they could not be more different. Yuri (may be spelling that wrong) is a girl who in life had a traumatic experience that made her feel helpless, and now in the afterlife is condemning any deity that would let it happen or its servants. Haruhi is a normal, intelligent, realist who wishes the world was weird and somehow has the ability to make it so. Haruhi is much more energetic, and her abuse towards the Brigade more screwed up because it's the real world and it means something. Yuri is generally bored, and more scheming, and her attitude towards the Battlefront is less callous because its the afterlife, and dying is nothing.

Okay rant done. Before I go for today: A) I'm signing the lease for an apartment in Chico on Friday to live in during college. B) I can't update this weekend, I'll be camping. Be back soon with a review on Durarara!!

No comments:

Post a Comment