Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 20th 2011 Update

Yeah, so. I got back from my family camping trip to Fort Bragg. It was cool, pretty fun. Did the basic stuff: checked out a few beaches, roasted marshmallows, saw Slenderman, and even kayaked up a river. Sadly something on the trip broke my new kindle, and tomorrow I'm sending it in for repairs. However, it did give me the time to start and finish Geoff Johns' run on JSA. Which is pretty much all of it. For those of you who don't know, the JSA or Justice Society of America was one of the 1st superhero teams, from around WW2. In-universe they are the inspiration and moral compass for the Teen Titans and the JLA. Geoff Johns is a comic-book writer, now famous for several works (Green Lantern Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, Brightest Day, Flashpoint) making the Green Lantern and Flash the central focus of the DCU. He's an excellent writer in my opinion, and is both loved and hated for never forgetting a single thing of the past when writing. His run on JSA was, in my opinion, incredible. He developed the characters into being much deeper than I had first seen in first stories, and made me care about each individual member of the JSA. (Except Obsidian...because fuck him) I'm starting his other more recent series, "The Justice Society of America", right now and it is really good. I've noticed with him how, when I saw Stargirl on the Justice League cartoon, I thought her a bratty and annoying character. Now she's freaking awesome, and may be my favorite JSA hero. (I say 'may' because I'm LOVING Cyclone right now.) Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone who likes comics that don't focus on the hero's powers, but on the people behind the cowl, to buy this right now. See yah.

((Small note: I will argue in the comments over this statement-Fallout 3 is better than Oblivion))

No comments:

Post a Comment