Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not Everything I Watch is Animated - Veronica Mars Season 1

           Veronica Mars is a teen detective show about the titular high school girl. But unlike most of said genre, she isn't solving stolen lunches and other trivial crimes, she solves murders, adultery, assault, and rape. I won't go into the story, but I can say it is really good. The cast is very large, and yet each character is developed somewhat, and most are very likable. The mysteries themselves are very well-thought-out, and it is hard for me to think of a weak episode off the top of my head. My favorite thing about this show is the way it balances the overarching story and the episodic plots. About half of each episode is that episode's story, while the rest is the ongoing story of the season. The two are constantly balanced, and because of this there really isn't any episode I can call filler. I love that, because with most show's myth arcs, the ones with plot in them are pretty sporadic, so you never know which episodes you can miss and which ones you should watch. Here the answer is simple: watch them all. Every episode furthers the plot somewhat, and doing so made watching the whole season fun and fast. Overall, even if you aren't a big fan of live-action TV, I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment