Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stop Rolling Your Eyes and Try It-Sic Semper Tyranis

This Doctor Who fic by Meredith T. Tasaki is very interesting. It is a study of sorts about the actions of the Doctor against the Prime Minister during the Christmas Special where Ten first deputed. (Doomsday doesn't count, he didn't do anything in it.) I am hesitant to recommend this, but I will. The writing here is well done, but I have a problem. Before this I totally agreed with the Doctor and what he did that day, but this showed me another side, and I agree that the way he chose to dispose her was wrong. However, my problem is that it almost shows Harriet as a total hero and the Doctor as a total douche. I think he did a bad thing, but what she did was far worse. She killed thousands of sapient beings, who were retreating. He disposed her in a way that made fun of natural human tendencies. He deserves some comeuppance, sure, but she deserved to be punished, and this fic never really says that at all. Still, pretty solid fic.

No comments:

Post a Comment