Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Retrospective-Avatar: the Airbender Book 1, Chapter 11-The Great Divide

                Yeah. So. I didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. I laughed twice, and some of the animation was nice. But the stuff that isn't good, really sucks. The story is really bad. Two tribes that are so poorly written "People of Hats" it scares me, and ending that's moral makes me shake my head in disgust, and no good action to take you away from it. The worst thing is even with an incredibly dumbed-down plot, I still have another problem with it. Okay, I can understand Katara and Sokka arguing, they're siblings and we tend to do that. The problem is that they give Sokka to the Chaotic tribe and Katara to the Lawful tribe. That is not their characters. Sokka is an overthinker with a plan for everything, and is always unwilling to take extra risks. Katara is willing to do anything she thinks will help their side, isn't afraid to get dirty, and is much more emotional. I would even go as far to say that Sokka is Lawful Neutral, while Katara is Chaotic Good. They really screwed up who-got-what here. So, yeah, that was not fun. Oh please let the next episode be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment