Friday, May 4, 2012

In Front of the Silver Screen-The Avengers


      Now, unlike several of my friends, I wasn't that excited about Marvel's The Avengers. I'm not that big a Marvel fan, and of the Avengers themselves I'm not a big fan of any of them. What I was excited for was Joss Whedon's The Avengers. I am a huge Whedonite, and this movie was just another example of that man's genius. This film was tense, exciting, action-packed, and hilarious. I laughed my ass of at least a dozen times sitting in that movie theater. This isn't just the best Marvel film. It is, in my opinion, tied for the best comic book or superhero film of all time. (With The Dark Knight.) Personally, I like the latter a tad more, but I say they tie in quality because in my estimation, neither movie could be made better by adding or removing a single scene or line of dialogue. That is a rare quality for a film, and to me it's as close to perfect as I've ever seen. This gets a huge recommendation from me. Laters.

     (NOTE: Seeing it in 3D is not any better than 2D. Just Saiyan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment