Thursday, May 17, 2012

Superhero Week-Tim Drake (Robin III)

       Tim Drake kinda gets the short end of the stick. When I start to think about it, he's been in about the same amount of media besides comics as Jason Todd has. What.

       Unlike Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and a plethora of other superheroes, Tim Drake does not have any tragic backstory. He's an average Gotham City kid, who happens to be the greatest detective ever. Sherlock Holmes? Batman? Hahahahano. At a very young age, he managed to work out the identities of Batman and then Robin, Jason Todd, simply from deductive reasoning. He didn't do anything about it, but when he found out Robin had died, he asked Batman for training. He said that it was his theory that Batman needs a Robin to stay stable. Batman eventually gave in and low and behold we get Robin III.

      Now, I'm not dissing Dick Grayson when I say Time Drake is my favorite Robin. But I haven't really read any comics where Grayson is Robin, he's always been Nightwing to me. He's still cool and I totally ship him and Oracle, but besides that he's just a pretty cool guy. Tim Drake is my Robin. I've read him in individual Batman stories, in the Titans, and in crossovers. I like him because I enjoy that he isn't this tragic figure, he's just some kid who's an amazing detective. That adds so much to his character, and the fact he gets to hang around as an equal to these other heavyweight heroes makes me respect the crap outta him.

No comments:

Post a Comment