Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stop Rolling Your Eyes and Try It-A Study in Rainbows

                 A Study in Rainbows is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fanfic by Thanqol. Basically, it's the story of Sherlock Holmes, but where Rarity is Sherlock, Rainbow Dash is Watson, and Fluttershy is Lestrade. Yeah, at first I was skeptical too, but the roles each character plays works perfectly in respect to both series. I'm a big Sherlock Holmes fan, and I still love how they did Rarity. It's pretty hard to describe, but the mystery is good, the dialogue and narration very well-done (It's written like this was written in the time of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), it's very funny, and the character writing is fantastic. It's an amazingly large recommendation for bronies and Sherlock Holmes fans. Find it here. Laters.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I would have put Twilight or Spike as Sherlock, and just pushed every character back, but hey. You're not the author, I'm not the author, so I'm gonna shut up :P. Better put on my read list none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that would have worked as well, but Rarity's perfectionism and dramatic personality fit the role of Sherlock better than you would think.

    ReplyDelete