Monday, May 14, 2012

Superhero Week-Elissa Megan Powers (Empowered)

     

      Empowered is the story of a D-list superheroine named Empowered. (Obviously.) Her powers are incredible, and are granted by her costume, an alien technology. However, the suit tears easily, and when it does she loses her powers. This leads to her being defeated and kidnapped all the time. And yet, despite the horribly revealing costume, the fact is tears really easy, getting kidnapped every other day, and being the laughing stock of the super community, she still goes out there every night to fight crime.

      Let me get this out of the way first: yes, this comic is partially made for wanking off to. I do not use it for that purpose because I don't have a bondage fetish. The reason I love this comic is that it is simply hilarious. Before every chapter a character (usually the titular heroine) addresses the audience, and Empowered is hilarious when she has to deal with it. She herself is the other reason I love comic. She's adorable and sad, but she's so headstrong, badass, and iron willed that she's made of win. She also gets the #13 spot on my countdown as a way to include some indie heroes. Let me also say, with that, that Spinnerette is also amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment