Thursday, May 31, 2012

Stop Rolling Your Eyes and Try It-Swayback Mountain

         Swayback Mountain by Buttersc0tchSundae is a MLP:FiM fanfic that ships Rarity/Applejack. I went into this, with the combination of name and pairing, not looking forward to it too much. But from this expertly written fic I now completely respect the ship. It makes both sides believable, it's hilarious, and really touching. If you honestly don't belief in shipping, I think this fic might change your mind. I heavily recommend it to bronies everywhere. Laters.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. When I first saw this, I was pretty questionable. I thought that this was going to suck... I mean, I love a ship fic as much as the next brony, but after a while, I got out of ships, you see. I was (and excuse me for talking about my own writing in a comment) was afraid it would "taint the mood" of my own story reading it. Sounds silly, right? Anyway, I only was graced with this story by Azekahh (a reader located on the Youtubes), and after a little hesitation, I listened to it, with the text version up in the window (mostly because I thought, what was the worst that could happen, and I was desperate to listen to another of the guy's videos), and I... was amazed. I ended up liking the story- no. Truly enjoying it! Rarijack became my new favorite ship (until I was reminded of how much I love RainbowPie, and was given the idea for another ship I'm 'fairly; sure doesn't exist. Least I haven't seen it...). Perfect balance between romance, conflict, and adventure. Also, I suppose it's worth mentioning (although I'm sure someone made the connection already... or maybe I'm wrong altogether...) that this is a crossover of Brokeback Mountain (basically the same plot to my knowlage, only with two cowboys). Never seen the film myself, but I just wanted to throw that out there. Wow, I've made this comment long...

    ReplyDelete