Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stop Rolling Your Eyes and Try It-Sweetie's Mansion

    
     Sweetie’s Mansion by Moon Shooter is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan fiction, and is kinda a crossover with the Gamecube game Luigi’s Mansion. (One of my personal favorite GC games.) It has approximately the same premise as the game, but it’s all done in the MLP universe and with its characters, and the story is expanded several dozen fold. Basically everypony (And dragon and gryphon.) from Ponyville plus the Princesses are turned into ghosts by somepony named Specter Yield, and confined to his mansion. The only ones not turned are the Cutie Mark Crusaders who were flying a giant paper airplane (Don’t ask.) and landed in the forest. They got separated, and poor Sweetie Belle find herself in the mansion, and discovers what’s going on. With the help of an aged to an old-mare Twilight, Sweetie has to capture her friends and save Equestria.

     For those who don’t know, Sweetie Belle is my favorite member of the CMC. She makes a great substitute for Luigi, and she grows over the course of the fic into an even cooler character than she is in the show. This fic is very dark, but it all feels right. I never read something and thought how this is something the show would never do. In retrospect much of it wouldn’t be done, but while reading it all feels organic, which is something that makes or breaks dark stories for me. The character writing is spot on, and the ghost versions of each of the Mane 6 are scary and sad. Sweetie goes through so much terrible stuff in this, but her inner determination and quick thinking really helps her. I’m really enjoying the plot and can’t wait to see where it goes, cause I have no idea how it’ll turn out. (Yeah, it’s not done yet.) The only con with it is that the spelling and grammar need some work, but it never was too bad a problem for me. This is one of my favorite fics I’ve read in a while, and I encourage everypony to read it here! Laters.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wait a second...are you the author? If so, that is awesome.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. It's people like you who give me the desire to write. The sheer thought that somepony likes my little story makes me happy in my pants :D

      Delete
    3. It's seriously no problem though. You've written an amazing fanfiction, easily one of my favorites made by the MLP fandom. Go back to your word processor and do another chapter! It's stressing me out waiting to find out how this all ends! Just joking. But seriously, thank you for reading my review, it's awesome that somepony cares.

      Delete