Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stop Rolling Your Eyes and Try It-My Little Chrono: Triggers are Magic

               Okay, before I start talking about this fanfic I need to talk about something else. Some people out there may know that I have always felt a great distiction between quality and fondness, always being careful to use "favorite" not "best." I really feel that there is a mountain of difference between the words, and here is no different. In my opinion, Chrono Trigger by Square is the best game ever made. Seriously. To me, it is a pretty much perfect video game. It is not, however, my favorite video game. It's probably in the top 10 or so, but not close to number one. There are other games which from an objective viewpoint I feel are worse than Chrono Trigger, but for a variety of reasons click with me better.

              My Little Chrono: Triggers are Magic is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan fiction by Pav Feira. Basically take the plot (not that kind) of Chrono Trigger and replace Chrono with Rainbow Dash, Lucca with Twilight Sparkle, Marle with Pinkie Pie, Frog with Rarity, Robo with Fluttershy, and Magus with Nightmare Moon. It manages to capture the spirit of the characters from MLP, and keep up the level of humor required of that series. On the Chrono side the plot (NOT THAT KIND!) is engaging and the fights pretty awesome. I highly recommend this to bronies everywhere, find it here. These really are two great tastes that taste great together.

No comments:

Post a Comment